Wednesday 22 July 2009

This Chritmas Eve

This Christams EveA longing to belong
In this earning and spending world
With a host of insecurities
Hovering around, eerie, asphyxiatingA
nd lo! I am bestowed
With the bounty of elements
Air,Water,Sun and EarthP
rotecting, showering the blessings
Tiny droplets kiss my face
With my eyes closed
I transcend the boundaries
Of conscious and unconscious
With the protective umbrella hiding me
The child in me re-emerges
Innocence is reborn
Happy,pure, honest thoughts
Nothing to earn, everything to spend
Overwhelmed by my oneness with the elements
I find my identity, I belong.
Rajnish Dhawan

2 comments:

  1. Voices

    by Rajnish Dhawan

    Shhh...warns my wife
    Pointing to the sleeping child
    Don't raise your voice
    Don't make a noise
    I move towards the other room
    The hinges creak
    The child moves
    Shhh....
    Outside..
    A monkey screeches
    A guitar chirps
    She teases-he reacts
    They play on
    More screeches
    More cranking
    Nature's voices galore
    The child sleeps on.....


    Report this poem Spam Copyright Mature Content
    Copyright © 2009
    Category

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!1 talents is just oozing without limits!

    ReplyDelete